Mission, Vision, Values
Mission of Transparency International
Our Mission is to stop corruption and promote transparency, accountability and integrity at all levels and across all sectors of society. Our Core Values are: transparency, accountability, integrity, solidarity, courage, justice and democracy.
Vision of Transparency International
Our Vision is a world in which government, politics, business, civil society and the daily lives of people are free of corruption.
Our 10 Guiding Principles are:
- As coalition-builders, we will work cooperatively with all individuals and groups,with for-profit and not-for-profit corporations and organisations, and with governments and international bodies committed to the fight against corruption, subject only to the policies and priorities set by our governing bodies.
- We undertake to be open, honest and accountable in our relationships with everyone we work with, and with each other.
- We will be democratic, politically non-partisan and non-sectarian in our work.
- We will condemn bribery and corruption vigorously wherever it has been reliably identified, although we ourselves do not seek to expose individual cases of corruption.
- The positions we take will be based on sound, objective and professional analysis and high standards of research.
- We will only accept funding that does not compromise our ability to address issues freely, thoroughly and objectively.
- We will provide accurate and timely reports of our activities to our stakeholders.
- We will respect and encourage respect for fundamental human rights and freedom.
- We are committed to building, working with and working through Chapters worldwide.
- We will strive for balanced and diverse representation on our governing bodies.