Essay Writing Competition 2015
A project supported by the Embassy of the United States of America.
To Lower 6 Students
Essay Title :
“How Important is Freedom of Information in Modern Societies”
Winner: Cash Prize of MUR 10,000 + Shield + Certificate
Runner-Up: Cash Prize of MUR 5,000 + Shield + Certificate
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION FOR ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION
- The competition is open to Lower 6 students only.
- Only one entry per participant will be allowed.
- Each entry must be an original piece of work.
Essays should be typed and presented in the following format:
- Length : 1000 – 1500 words
- Size of paper : A4 paper
- Font : Arial
- Font size : 12
- Font colour : Black
- Line spacing : Double spacing
- Language : English
Essays should be accompanied by the participation form which will include the participant’s name, address, contact details and name of their respective school. Names should be correctly and clearly written for certificate printing purposes.
Essays must be submitted along with the participation form by registered post in a sealed envelope mentioned “Transparency Mauritius Essay Competition” to the:
Project and Research Officer
6th Floor, TN Tower,
13 Saint Georges Street,
- Deadline for submission of the essay is Tuesday 30th June 2015 at 15:00.
- The essay should include a list of references if any.
- Authors will retain copy right of their work. However, Transparency Mauritius retains the right to use, publicise, in part or in whole, any of the essays submitted.
- Failure to adhere to rules and regulations of the competition will result in automatic disqualification.
- The decision of the jury panel will be binding and final.
- The award ceremony will be organized in August 2015 and the media will be convened at the ceremony. The exact date and location will be communicated at a later stage.
- Transparency Mauritius reserves the right not to proceed with the competition.