Transparency Mauritius is organising the second edition of the Youth Parliament for the youth of Mauritius as from September 2017 to April 2018. The launching of the parliament will be held in October 2017 and all the sessions (eight) will be held during week days. 40 young men and women coming from 20 constituencies of Mauritius are invited to debate on the following topics:
- Corruption (with focus on Good Governance & Meritocracy)
- Environment & Economy (Poverty alleviation, Sustainable Development, Blue Economy & Climate change)
- Human Rights (Provisional charges, Access to Justice, Women Rights & Discriminations)
- Electoral reforms (Structure & Financing of political parties, Powers of the ESC)
- Freedom of Information
- Mauritian Youth (Education & Employment)
The project is for empowering Mauritian youth to participate in the democratic and civic process and providing them with a forum to make recommendations on human rights, corruption and civil liberty issues to the Government and major stakeholders. Through the Youth Parliament, young Mauritians will formally discuss about the future of their country, what their beliefs are, and what shape the Mauritian society should take. It will also be a learning process for them.
Interested young persons aged between 18 up to 25 years are invited to participate in the Parliament by sending their CV & a letter of motivation by mail to [email protected] or to Transparency Mauritius, 6th Floor, TN Tower, 13 Saint Georges Street, Port Louis.
The deadline for submission is on 20th of September 2017.
For more information, please contact the Project & Research Officer on 2130796 or via mail on [email protected].